Sunday, November 27, 2011

Antioxidant Rich Salad

Over Thanksgiving I set a new goal. Make my own dressings! So many times I look at the nutritional facts of a dressing bottle and find it is equivalent to the sugar amount of a can of pop! Excuse me? Salads are supposed to be healthy, right? My challenge for myself is to cut out ALL the unhealthy dressings and make my own! This first dressing is simple but yummy.

Ingredients:
1 cup Arugula (my favorite leafy green to eat)
2 morel mushrooms thinly sliced
1 Tbl feta cheese
1-2 Tbl dried cranberries
Red Wine Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

WASH your arugula. Even if the case says triple washed, studies have shown that even triple washed leafy goods contain bacteria! So please, eww, wash your leafs. Wash your mushrooms and thinly slice over your bed of arugula, and add your feta and cranberries! Next, lightly dash Red Wine Vinegar over the salad. You don't need much, and you can always add more, later. Be a bit more generous with your Olive Oil but just enough so it covers the leaves (pour for about 2 seconds). Mix and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment